DC Electrical Bond
Surety bond in an amount set by the District for electrical contractor and designated masters.
DC Elevator Trades Contractor Bond
Required by DC Occupational and Professional Licensing in the amount of $4,000.
DC Home Improvement Surety Bond
$25,000 surety bond that runs to the DCRA required of all home improvement contractors that operate in the District.
DC Plumbing and Gas Fitting Bond
The surety bond amount is set by the District to secure the license obligations of plumbing contractors, designated masters and gas fitters.
DC Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Bond
A $5,000 surety bond which runs a minimum term of two years is required of all HVAC and refrigeration professionals operating in DC.

FYI: Home improvement contractors that also operate in the State of Maryland will also need a Maryland MHIC bond.

*Many municipalities require contractors that perform work that encroaches on the streets and highways to obtain a right of way bond in order to obtain a permit. Our contractor's license bond application is all that is required for a quote. National surety bond leader, Surety One, Inc. is a specialist in providing for the bonding needs of general, specialty, mechanical, electrical and artisan contractors. We offer all classes of surety bonds and performance bonds to applicants in EVERY state where contractors must be bonded. Although personal credit is a factor in surety bond underwriting, we have programs to fit every credit condition. Call (800) 373-2804, email Underwriting@SuretyOne.com or click here for a live chat regarding a contractor license bond application or to discuss your particular needs.

Surety bond application review and quoting are free of charge. There is no obligation to purchase.


A “contractor’s bond” is one of the most common surety bond needs in the North American market but what does that term mean? MANY different parties may require a contractor to provide a "bond". Private and public project owners, state licensing boards and local municipalities all routinely require contractors to file a bond of one type or another to guarantee very specific things. Generally the need will fall in to one of these categories:

Need a contractor's general liability insurance policy?
Click Here

Do you need builder's risk insurance?
Click Here