Colorado Public Adjuster Bond

Communicate With UsIM or Email

$20,000 Bond Penalty

Pursuant to 10-2-417, new law requires a public adjuster to meet new requirements in addition to being approved by the Commissioner of Insurance and issued the appropriate license. Adjusters licensed prior to January 1, 2014 are not required to secure a different license under the law but they are subject to the new financial responsibility requirements of subsection (2) of this section, a Colorado public adjuster bond.

The surety bond must be in effect for the duration of the license, in a format prescribed by the commissioner and issued by an insurer authorized to issue surety bonds in Colorado. The bond must be written in the minimum amount of twenty thousand dollars. It is issued in favor of the State of Colorado, and specifically authorized recovery by the Commissioner on behalf of any person who is damaged by the adjuster's erroneous acts, failure to act, conviction of fraud, or conviction of unfair practices related to his or her activity under the license. The public adjuster bond may be canceled by surety on thirty days notice. The law requires the Commissioner to immediately suspend the license of any public adjuster the financial assurance (bond) is canceled or becomes impaired by claim activity. Bond and application materials may be mailed to the licensing processor as follows:

Colorado Division of Insurance
Colorado Public Adjuster Bond
1560 Broadway, Suite 850
Denver, CO 80202

The Division can be contacted at (303) 894-7499 or by email

Colorado surety bond leader, Surety One, Inc. is a specialist in the bonding needs of public and independent adjuster. We offer the fidelity and surety bonds needed by adjusters in ALL fifty states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Call (800) 373-2804, email us at, or click here for a Colorado public adjuster bond application or for information on any insurance need.

Surety bond application review and quoting are free of charge. There is no obligation to purchase.

What We Need From You

Do you need adjuster E&O?
Click Here

Do you need a fidelity bond?
Click Here