West Virginia Brewpub Bond

Communicate With UsIM or Email

Bond Penalty: $5,000

A West Virginia brewpub bond is required of all resident craft beer producers that also sell to the public. The Code of West Virginia (Chap. 11, Art. 16), defines a "Brewpub" as a place of manufacture of nonintoxicating beer or nonintoxicating craft beer owned by a resident brewer, subject to federal and state regulations and guidelines, a portion of which premises are designated for retail sales of nonintoxicating beer or nonintoxicating craft beer by the resident brewer".

The brewpub bond is a simple license/permit obligation. The surety bond guarantees that the brewer will pay all additional taxes accruing during his or her license period, faithfully comply with the articles, rules, regulations and orders promulgated by the ABC and the State of West Virginia which relate to the sale, transportation, storage and distribution of nonintoxicating beer. The brewpub bond is statutorily a forfeiture obligation, being forfeited to the state upon the revocation of the brewpub license. The amount of such bond in the case of a resident brewpub shall be not less than $5,000 nor more than $10,000 and in the case of a distributor, not less than $2,000 nor more than $5,000 for each place of business licensed in the state. If a non-resident brewpub ships nonintoxicating beer into West Virginia, that operator must also file a West Virginia brewpub bond in a penalty of not less than $5,000 nor more than $25,000.

West Virginia surety bond broker, Surety One, Inc. is a specialist in the bonding needs of commercial establishments that sell brewery and craft wine products. We offer same-day issue of the surety bonds required by these operations. Questions about this or another surety bond nees? Call us at (800) 373-2804, email us at Underwriting@SuretyOne.com or click here for live chat about your West Virginia brewpub bond requirement.

Surety bond application review and quoting are free of charge. There is no obligation to purchase.

What We Need From You

Additional Attachments

  • Current financial statement (if bond over $25,000)