In the State of New York a lost, defective or otherwise imperfect vehicle title can be transferred by obtaining a New York title bond.  In accordance with NY VAT Law 2105(d), (d) If the commissioner is not satisfied as to the ownership of the vehicle or that there are no undisclosed security interests in it, he can require the applicant to file a bond prescribed by his office and executed by the applicant, and by a person authorized to conduct a surety business in this state. The New York vehicle title bond must be in an amount equal to one and one-half times the value of the vehicle as determined by the commissioner and conditioned to indemnify any prior owner and lienholder and any subsequent purchaser against any expense, loss or damage by reason of the issuance of the certificate of title of the vehicle or on account of any defect in or undisclosed security interest in the same. Surety leaderSurety One, Inc., offers a very brief, streamlined title bond application, only seven lines long.  We will offer terms for you bond regardless of credit condition.  Find us at, call (787) 333-0222 or (800) 373-2804, or email us at for a New York title bond application or for further information about any bonding need.