Current code obligates a transfer agent to accept responsibility for irregular or improper securities registrations. When a particular security is transferred a transfer agent relies on the representations of a Medallion Guarantor. A stamp issued by a Medallion Guarantor is a legal covenant that the signature is legitimate and that the signer has the legal capacity to execute the same. A STAMP bond is required by the Securities Transfer Association to insure that guarantees issued by the participant financial institution will be immediately honored by transfer agents. Pursuant to SEC Rules the Association established the appropriate levels of bond coverage based on the guarantors largest security transaction. The current rules are as follows:
- Gross Assets of $500mm or less, STAMP bond requirement is $100,000
- Gross Assets of $500mm to $2,000mm, STAMP bond requirement is $250,000
- Gross Assets of $2,000mm to $3,000mm, STAMP bond requirement is $500,000
- Gross Assets of $3,000mm to $4,000mm, STAMP bond requirement is $750,000
- Gross Assets over $4,000mm, STAMP bond requirement is $1,000,000
Applying for a STAMP bond is the simplest part of the enrollment process. Application may be made by banks, trust companies, savings and loans, and registered investment advisers. We will need the following in order to provide a quote for this requirement:
- STAMP surety bond, program and subscription application.
- Applicant’s current CPA-prepared financial statement.
- Disclosure and explanation of any regulatory action(s) involving he applicant.
- If applicant carries less than $10MM capitalization, personal financial statement(s) of the owner(s).
Enrollment documents and the STAMP surety bond must be filed with Kenmark Financial Services, Inc., P.O. Box 1686, Pearl River, NY 10965.
National surety leader, Surety One, Inc. specializes in underwriting surety and fidelity bonds for the financial services sector. For information or application materials for a STAMP surety bond see our Securities Transfer Agents Medallion Program page, call (800) 373-2804 or email us at Underwriting@SuretyOne.com.
#STAMPbond #suretybond #suretybonds #SuretyOne