To obtain a license as a Texas residential mortgage loan servicer you must provide a surety bond in an amount set by the Commissioner of Finance.  The mortgage loan servicer bond is for the use of the Commissioner and any other person or persons who may have a claim against the mortgage loan servicer arising out of, or relating to the activities of said licensee registered by the Commissioner under the Residential Mortgage Loan Servicers Act, Finance Code Chapter 158.  National leader in surety, Surety One, Inc., can accommodate both the surety and fidelity bond needs of mortgage professionals in ALL fifty states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. For more information visit us at, call (787) 333-0222 or (800) 373-2804, or email us at