A proper distributor license and New Hampshire motor fuel distributor bond must be on file with the Department of Safety or it is deemed a violation of law for any person to sell or use motor fuel upon which the road toll imposed and collected under NH Chapter 260, has not been paid. In order to obtain a motor fuel distributor license, a signed application, subject to prosecution for unsworn falsification and corresponding New Hampshire fuel distributor bond must be filed with the Department of Safety in such form as the Commissioner may require. If approved, the Department issues a license certificate which is unassignable and in effect on a fiscal year basis from July 1 through June 30 unless cancelled, suspended, or revoked.  Pursuant to NHRS 260:37, every distributor must deposit with the Department a New Hampshire motor fuel distributor bond as follows:

(1) In an amount equal to approximately thee times the monthly road toll liability of the distributor, with a minimum of $10,000.

(2) Written by a surety company authorized as a corporate surety in New Hampshire;

(3) The distributor must be named the principal and the State of New Hampshire obligee;

(4) must guarantee prompt filing of true reports and the payment by the distributor of all motor vehicle road tolls which are imposed and which are to be collected under the law, together with all penalties and interests if due, and generally to comply with the provisions of the law.

The New Hampshire fuel distributor bond amount can be adjusted from time to time to comply with the approximations in section (1).  Annually at minimum the Department will review the distributors records to determine whether or not this adjustment is needed.  If the distributor fails to increase the surety bond penalty when requested, the Department will terminate the license.   The surety must be released and discharged from any and all liability accruing on the New Hampshire motor fuel distributor bond after the expiration of sixty days from the date on which surety notified the Department of its desire to be released and discharged.  New Hampshire surety leader writes fuel distributor surety bonds for air, maritime and ground transportion enterprises.  No surety underwriter is more agile at servicing your bond request! We welcome applications from domestic and foreign operations.  Visit us at SuretyOne.com, call (787) 333-0222 or (800) 373-2804, or email Underwriting@SuretyOne.com for a New Hampshire fuel distributor bond application or information regarding surety capacity for any need.