In North Carolina, lost, defective and imperfect motor vehicle titles can be remedied by purchase of a vehicle indemnity bond.  The Department of Motor Vehicle requires a surety bond equal to or greater than one and one half times the fair market value of the vehicle.  While you can obtain an independent appraisal or look up the vehicle value in an industry guide and North Carolina title office can give you the value by inputing the VIN in the North Carolina title database.  Cars, motorcycles and other types of vehicles can all be bonded. Title bond specialistSurety One, Inc., will issue these for all applicants regardless of credit condition. Visit us at, call (787) 333-0222 or (800) 373-2804, or email  for a North Carolina vehicle indemnity bond application or for information about any bond need.  También le podemos asesorar en español.