California carriers and transport company that may be subject to IFTA protocols may be required to post a California fuel tax bond.  Users of fuel must apply for a permit from the State Board of Equalization.  The Board whenever it deems it necessary to ensure compliance with any part or any rule or regulation adopted under the state tax code, may require any user to deposit with it any security that it may determine is appropriate.  The most popular form of “security” is the California fuel tax bond.  California is a participant in the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA), which, allows a motor carrier to obtain a single fuel license and set of decals upon application and deposit of an IFTA bond with the carrier’s base state. The California bond of user of fuel  serves this purpose for those operators domiciled in the state, guaranteeing that the permittee will pay all amounts due under the Use Fuel Tax Law.  Surety One, Inc., the nation’s surety leader offers fuel tax surety bonds for airline, marine and ground transport operations.  No one is more responsive at fulfilling your IFTA bond or fuel tax bond need. We welcome applications from both domestic and foreign companies operating in the United States.  Visit, call (787) 333-0222 or (800) 373-2804, or email for a California fuel tax bond application, a California IFTA bond, or information regarding any surety need.