When a party takes an adverse verdict in a U.S. District Court he may wish to offer a federal appeal bond to stay an execution on the judgment.  Rule 62 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, section (d) “Stay with Bond on Appeal”, states that if an appeal is taken, the appellant may obtain a stay by supersedeas bond (a/k/a appeal bond). The bond may be given upon or after filing the notice of appeal or after obtaining the order allowing the appeal. The stay takes effect when the court approves the federal appeal bond.  Because of the nature of this class of judicial bond, collateral is often required by the surety company.

A federal appeal bond must be issued by a bonding company on the U.S. Treasury’s circular of surety companies, insurers and reinsurers that are acceptable for surety obligations. Quoting and issuing a federal appeal bond is accomplished by a surety bond underwriter with knowledge of court bond language, statutory and local requirements.

The nation’s judicial surety leader, Surety One, Inc., is the most responsive and agile underwriter of federal appeal bonds in the United States.  We are licensed and qualified to issue bonds in all federal courts including the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Guam, and able to accomplish most federal court bond postings within hours. We have over twenty years of experience issuing bonds in federal, state and local courts.

For more information visit us at SuretyOne.com our sister company www.CourtBondSurety.com.  You may also call (787) 333-0222 or (800) 373-2804, or email us at Underwriting@SuretyOne.com for a federal appeal bond application or for information on any surety bond need throughout the United States.

#federalcourt #supersedeas #appeal #usdistrictcourt #courtbond